Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, March 20, 2017

Make A Wish!

The Giggler's birthday girl in February is our friend, Diane AKA Cookiestamper.  I went out on a limb using an Art Impression Stamp because Diane is on their design team & I can't hold a candle (no pun intended) to her coloring technique.


To make this card special, I decided to "light" the candle using a white Chibitronics
LED light sticker, copper tape & a battery.  When you press on the gift, the candle lights up!  Diane was thrilled with the card & that made my day!

This was my first attempt at this type of card & unfortunately I was so wrapped up making the circuit that I forgot to take pictures of how I did it.  But watch for future posts because I will be making these cards for all of the Gigglers this year & will give step by step insturctions.

Also, if you want to see Diane's work visit her blog, Paper Cookies.

SUPPLIES: Stamps-Art Impressions "Out to Lunch", SU Gift; Lights-Chibitronics Chibi White LED Stickers, Copper Tape, & 3V Coin Battery; Cardstock-Neenah Premium 110 lb Extra Heavy, SU Orchid Opulence; DSP-Unknown; Copic Markers; SU Punches-1 1/4" Scallop, 1" circle; Dies-Impression Obsession Greetings Top Edgers; Adhesives-3d White Foam SquaresFoam Mounting Tape, SU Foam Adhesive Strips; Misc-Wink of StellaEyelet Outlet Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment