Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Three Little Pigs

I love putting my favorite recipes on 6X6 scrapbook style cards.  I can't remember where I found this recipe but it just needed a farm scene!


I didn't want to pop any of the images up so I did a lot of masking using Gina K Designs Masking Magic Sheets. The stamp set is an old SU set, On The Farm, I found at a flea market!

I started by stamping 3 pigs & the barn on the masking sheets & cut them out just inside the line.  If you do this, when you stamp over the masked image you won't have any gaps in your stamping.  But if you do just use a marker to touch up the lines.

On white cardstock cut 5 1/2 X 5 1/2, I stamped the pigs with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink then placed the making sheets over the images.  Then I stamped the barn over the 1st masked pig so it appears it is walking in front of the barn.  Next I placed the mask over the barn & stamped the tree from Tim Holtz Just Believe Stamp Set several times so it appears the trees are behind the barn image.  The trees were inked with Peeled Paint, wiped the trunk off & added ink using a Frayed Burlap marker for the left tree.

Leaving masking on the pigs & barn, I used a mini ink blending tool to carefully add the background colors in Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint & Squeezed Lemonade.  I did the sun before the sky.

After removing the masking, I colored the barn & pigs using Copic markers & added glossy accents to the roof.  The base is 6X6 SU Cherry Cobbler cardstock & the 5 3/4 X 5 3/4 cardstock mat is white.

TFL at my Three Little Pigs & hope you give masking a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment