Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Flowers in Bloom

This project was for a swap at a recent Splitcoaststampers event in Ilion, NY.  The swap was a "No Sentiment" card front which I thought would be easy but it IS difficult not to use a sentiment!
The flowers from Sweet n Sassy Flowers in Bloom stamp set (& there's a matching die!) are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on SU Whisper White.  It was colored with Copic markers (R85, R83, B21, B97, G94, G99 & E25) & brushed with Clear Wink of Stella. Once the image was cut in thirds & matted, they were adhered to a 5 X 3 3/4 piece of SU Whisper White that had been embossed using TH Bricked EF. The black jute & tiny black jewels were added as accents then adhered to the 5 1/4 X 4 SU Basic Black card front.  It's already to be added to a cardbase of choice!

TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment