Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

I 💖Philly!

I have a lot going on this month so I needed this project to serve 2 purposes...the The Craft Shack's monthly recipe club & a swap at a Splitcoaststampers event in Ilion, NY.  This is a recipe I saw on FB & not sure who to give credit to but it is delic!



The Hero Arts Silly Scape stamp isn't as wide as the 5 3/4 SU Natural cardstock so I used my stamp-a-ma-jig.  First I stamped the image in Jet Black Stazon on acetate then used a stamp-a-ma-jig to position it on the cardstock, removed the acetate & stamp the image in Coffee Archival Ink.

I moved the acetate to the left & lined it up with the 1st image I stamped.








Removed the acetate & stamped the 2nd image.









Exactly what I was looking for.








The roof tops of the buildings were colored with Copics (R29, B00, B95, G24, Y02) & Glossy Accents was put on the face of the clock.  The TPC Studio So Delish Everything but the Kitchen Sink DSP was bumped up to the natural CS & taped on the back.  The seam is covered with a strip of SU Baja Breeze CS & matching SU ribbon over it then adhered to the SU Chocolate Chip base.  The 2 1/4" letters were cut in SU Chocolate Chip & Baja Breeze using Cricut's Cursive 101 cartridge.

The spatula is from a Studio G stamp set & was stamped in Archival Coffee & SU Baja Breeze inks then embossed with WOW Clear EP.  Its fussy cut out & adhered under the "Y".  I added Zva Taupe Pearls on 3 of the corners of the recipe.

Well thanks for looking & hope you visit next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment