Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, December 16, 2019

What a Catch!

The September recipe card class at The Craft Shack was a recipe from a friend of mine & is what I'd call comfort food!


The 2 layers of Stampin' Up CS were cut Tempting Turquoise CS 6X6 & Whisper White CS 5 3/4 X 5 3/4.

The background was made by randomly swiping Tim Holtz Distress Cracked Pistachio Ink Pad over the white CS.  This gives the effect of swirling water.  The underwater foliage from Tim Holtz Sea Life stamp set was randomly stamped in evergreen bough.

Charlie Tuna & his trademark symbol came from the Internet.  He was colored with Copic markers & fussy cut then popped up with dimensionals.

A hole was punched in the matted recipe & an Eyelet Outlet Fish Hook was added then a line was drawn with a silver marker for the fish line,

It needed a little bling so I picked out some clear sequin from Neat & Tangled Mermaid Tail Sequin Mix to appear as the bubbles.

TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment