Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, November 28, 2021

A Gift for You!

I made 11 of these gift cards for our NEPA Stamp & Swap that was held a few weeks ago.

I wanted something fairly simple so I decided to use the Stampendous Gift Card Wallet Dies so I didn't have to do all the cutting, scoring, etc.  This is a very nice die set with several options of accessories to go with the basic gift card die.
I chose a DSP with snowflakes for the mat.  I was going to try to cut the notches for the gift card at the same time but I couldn't get it centered so I decided to make a 2nd pass.
Once the mat was cut, I used sticky notes to hold the notch die in place.  Probably could have done that when I cut the mat.  Oh well you know what they say about hind sight...LOL!
I used Stampendous Penguin Gift Stamp Set stamped in Memento Lux Back Ink.  I probably wouldn't use this ink again because it dries VERY slow even after heat setting it.  I just love those penguins & that cute snowman!
I recently rediscovered coloring with pencils & gamsol blending solution. 
After coloring the penguins, I used a light gray marker under them.  I stamped the snowflakes around the penguins in tumbled glass.
This was the finished inside.
I made a small tag with one of the sentiments in the stamp set & add a silver brad.  It was attached to the back of the outside after I had stamp "to:" & "from:".


 

No comments:

Post a Comment