Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Never Ending Birthday Wishes

I saw this technique on Splitcoaststampers called Never-Ending Card by Lynn Mercurio.  I thought it sounded interesting & I needed a cool birthday card for Tina, who is an amazing card maker.  The first one I made didn't turn out so I had to watch the video frame by frame to figure out where I went wrong making my folds.  You really need to watch Lynn's video to see this card in action.  Not sure I'd make a 100 of them but I glad I mastered the technique!

I used SU Baja Breeze (I think) as the base & a couple of different coordinating SU DSPs.  The "Wishing You" is from Wplus9's Sending Hoping Wishing Die Set.  The letters of this die cut are not separate so once I adhered them to the card, I snipped them apart so they would move when the card folded.

Before die cutting all the sentiments, I ran pieces of cardstock through my Xyron Sticker Maker
This is the 2nd fold & the die cuts are from Tim Holtz Alphanumeric 1" Tall Dies.
This is the 3rd fold using Tim Holtz Celebration Words Script.  Boy, I sure didn't get that one on straight!
On the 4th fold, I added 2 panels in SU Very Vanilla.  I stamped the sentiment from Paper Tray Ink's 
Quilter's Sampler Sentiments in Versafine Black & the needle is stamped in silver.

I had to give a demo on how to work the card but it was a hit with Tina & the others in our stamping group.  Wish I would have made a video turning it to the different panels.

TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment