Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Disappearing Birthday!

This card was really fun to make!  In a SCS Weekly Inkling, I saw a tutorial for the Disappearing Nine Patch Card by Betty Traciak.  It came at the right time because I needed a couple of birthday cards for my friends, Lisa & Renee, who is a quilter.

I didn't take any photos as I was doing the card but Betty's video is awesome.  I used SU Raspberry Ripple & Very Vanilla cardstock, SU Birthday Basics DSP & CTMH Stitched Circles Embossing Folder.  The sentiment is an Elizabeth Craft peel off sticker.  

A little fun fact...this was Lisa's card & her birthday is on the 6th.  I was able to punch it out of the DSP & place it in the upper left corner!

TFL!!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! I plan to try this technique today & imagine my surprise to find your beautiful card & blog post. :) Small world, isn't it? Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete