Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, August 26, 2021

National Honor Society

This layout is for the 8/25/2021 Scraplift Challenge in Splitcoaststampers Scrapbook Goals for August group I belong to.  We were to scraplift Elizabeth G. so I chose her Beach Life Layout.

I used Stampin' Up Manchester DSP, Baja Breeze & Crumb Cake cardstock in the layout.  The photos looked washed out but it's not in-person.


The left page has a pocket in the bottom strip of the DSP to hold the program so it can be slipped out of the page protector.  The quote from My Mind's Eye School/Education Quotations really fit the occasion.  In lieu of a photo, I added an area for journaling with a frame from SU Hodgepodge Hardware in Very Vanilla for the date.  The buttons went pretty well with Baja Breeze.  Across the bottom of both pages I used Autumn Leaves Rub-on Border to imitate the cameras on Elizabeth's page.
The right page has a flourish from Tim Holtz Stripes Elements Grungeboard which is inked with SU Night of Navy then accented with the buttons.

Thanks to Elizabeth G., I loved making this layout & it went together pretty quickly.  The best part was everything came from my stash!

TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment