Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Strawberries & Cream!

This 6X6 recipe card was designed for The Craft Shack's 2nd Fast 'n Free Event.  

The strawberry vine is Dare 2B Artzy's...wait for it....Strawberry Vine stamp & die sets.  Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Lisa suggested using colored pencils for this project.  It had been a long time since I'd used them & it made something old new again!  The images were colored using Derwent Inktense Pencils.  This was quick & easy because I didn't need to color the entire images of the strawberries & leaves.  I just scribbled the color around the edges of the strawberries & the veins of the leaves.  The color on those images were smoothed & blended using Spectrum-noir Gamsol Blending Solution with a Pro-art 3 Blending Paper Stump.  I did add a little more color to make them darker & used more Gamsol,  After I added the recipe the vine was popped up using Scrapbook Adhesives3l 3d Foam Squares.

The recipe was provided & tested by my friend, Mary Ann Hicks.  Looks delicious doesn't it?


Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment