Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

You look Marvelous!

I made 2 window cards, one for a friend & the other for my "sister" (SIL) who are having birthdays in August.      

Dimensions:
Baja Breeze base cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
Whisper White base cut 8" x 5 1/4"; scored 4" & 6" 
Hand Drawn DSP cut 5 1/4" x 4" & 1 3/4" x 4"
                                                                 
The largest DSP was adhered to the front of the Baja Breeze base.  The frame was made by cutting a 3 1/8" scallop circle from Bajaj Breeze then cutting 2 1/4" circle from the center.  The frame was used to determine the position of the window then it was was cut from the front panel using the same circle die.  The frame was adhered to the front panel.  




Next the Whisper White base was folded & adhered to the inside of the Baja Breeze base.  It doesn't show in the photo but the Baja Breeze has a reveal on all sides of the white.  The inside circle was made with the same circle & scallop dies as the frame.  After the sentiment was stamped, the circle was lined up using the window as a guide. Only the right side of the sentiment circle was adhered to the fold of the white.
The reverse side of the smaller DSP was adhered to the white panel as shown.  The inside image & sentiments was stamped so wasn't seen until the card was fully opened.

The sequins was added for a little bling.


This is one of my favorite stamp sets & I probably over use it but I had to showcase Wanda!  There are 2 more images & several snarky sentiments.  This has long since retired & there are other sets but I've never been lucky enough to find one at a reasonable price.


Anyway enough whining, this card was fun to make & really didn't take long.  TFL!!

Supplies: Stamps-Words by Wanda; Dies-Spellbinders Large Standard Circles & Classic Scalloped Circles Large; Cardstock-SU Whisper White & Baja Breeze; DSP-SU Hand Drawn; Inks-SU Baja Breeze & Momento Black; Markers-SU Baja Breeze, Copics R24, R29, YG61, YG63, YR01, E50, E41, RV10; Embellishments-SU Sequins.



No comments:

Post a Comment