Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Poinsettia Christmas

This Christmas card was for my shoebox project at our recent "Let It Snow" SCS Stamp & Swap Event.  At a shoebox event, everyone makes up 1 or 2 completed projects with kits for everyone else to make.  Since we usually have between 15 to 20 people, we ask participants to keep their project's assembly time between 5 - 10 minutes.  Here's how mine was assembled:

"Merry Christmas" from Tim Holtz Retro Christmas stamp & die set was set up on Tim Holtz Tonic Stamp Platform so everyone would get a solid straight image when they stamped.  It was then stamped in VersaFine Black Onyx Ink on white CS.  Next the poinsettia corner from Tim Holtz Mixed Media Christmas Die was cut from that same CS, saving the die cut leaves & coloring them with Copic G94.  Once the The Paper Cut Red Sparkle Paper was adhered to the Neenah Premium 110-lb Extra Heavy Card Base, the die cut card front was added with Ranger 1/2" Wonder Tape.  The leaves were added back into the negative space with a Zig Fine Point Glue Pen.  I added a touch of clear Wink of Stella to the leaves.  In the center of each poinsettia there are a group of dots made with a gold Jelly Roll pen.

I have to say the photo doesn't do this card justice!  I love how Tim's die cut poinsettias look over glitter paper.  The hardest part of this card is saving the leaves.

TFL!


No comments:

Post a Comment