Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Snowman Photo Shoot


This ATC was for a swap at our 3rd annual NEPA Stamp & Swap "Let It Snow" Event. & I made 13 of them.  I was looking through Pinterest for a little inspiration & this tag by Michelle Short of The Card Groto (2nd project on the page) took my eye.  Of course I put my own spin on them using Tim's new snowman stamp.










After I cut the 2 layers of card stock, I lined them up & held them together with repositionable masking tape.  Using the larger die, I cut the center from both layers at the same time so they would be the same when assembled.
I also cut a frame from white CS using both dies. This was added last.














Using distress ink, I stenciled on the top layer.  I've fallen in love with these mini stencils!













I cut the stencil film & frosted film 2X2 to fit behind the window.  I stamped the snowman on the stencil film using black StazOn then on the back, colored the hat & carrot nose.  I decided to put a piece of frosted film behind the snowman for a snowy effect.





I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set, tore the edges then inked them with SU Baja Breeze to match the CS..










I painted the mitten embellishments, let it dry a little then wiped some of the apint off.  It was then tied with a piece of heavy thread.

Hope you enjoyed my latest ATC projtect.  TFL!!











Supplies: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, Tim Holtz Mini Stencils #31Ranger Ink Blending ToolTim Holtz Holiday Postmarks Stamp SetTim Holtz Picket Fence PaintTim Holtz Idea-ology FrostedTsukineko Stazon Jet Black InkGrafix Stencil Film,  Masquerade Art Masking TapeSU Layering Squares DiesSU Stitched Shapes Framelits DiesSU Whisper White CS, SU Baja Breeze CS,  BIC markers, Tsukineko Versafine Tuxedo Black Ink, Unknown Thread & Mitten Charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment