This is my last Technique Tag Tim Holtz Style Class for 2018 & actually I won't be doing one for a few months since I'm now a snowbird! It was funny that I chose to do Tim's custom colored rock candy glitter from his 12 tags of 2012 October then he does a re-make & introduces his new & oh so awesome Glitter Duster!
Following Tim's directions in the link above, I made 2 custom glitters by adding Crimson & Aquamarine Alcohol Inks to Ranger Rock Candy Dry Glitter. It's so easy & you can make as little or as much as you need.
#8 inked with tumbled glass, peeled paint & dusty concord distress ink then spritzed with water to blend the colors & add water droplet marks. Once dry, it was stamped using Classics #1, Classics #2 & Classics #4. The Aquamarine custom glitter was added to the dragon fly's wings by brushing it with collage matte medium. I didn't quite get it covered so I went back & added a little more matte medium & as you can see it did clump a little bit. So when brushing a medium on, make sure you have good coverage. If done correctly you can still see the veins of the wings through the glitter! Very beautiful!
#10 which was covered with forest collage paper using collage matte medium. It's not shown here but before it dried the paper was "crinkled" up to make ridges.
tumbled glass, peeled paint & gathered twigs then spritzed,
Now the fun! Using Tim's new splat box, the tag was sprayed with resist spray then generously sprayed with rock candy glitter using the glitter duster. Unfortunately the photo doesn't do it justice but the spray of glitter is very fine & evenly distributed, This is such a genius way to dust your project with glitter!
The bigz vintage noel die was cut from grunge board & inked with candied apple. The crimson glitter was adhered to the noel die cut by spreading glossy accents over the inked grunge board & spreading around with my finger. After sprinkling the glitter on, it was gently patted into the glossy accents. The excess was shaken off & put back into the jar. The glossy accents did absorb into the grunge board so the glitter didn't cover the entire die cut but it gives it a distressed vintage look.
mini holiday greens were cut from coredinations kraft core paper then sanded. There are also beaded berries which were dipped in candied apple spray stain, Everything was adhered behind the noel die cut using glossy accents. It was then popped up on the tag using dimensionals.
Christmas ephemera were inked & crinkled up before adding. The crinkle ribbon was inked with peeled paint & tied with cream & red jute. The pine cone was rubbed with matte medium & sprayed with glitter then hung from the ribbon with a loop pin. The pine cone just glistens & looks so pretty!
Well that's it! Thanks for looking & hope you have a wonderful Christmas!