Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Building The Fort


It's been awhile but I'm finally back scrapbooking.  This 2 page layout is for the January challenge
Splitcoaststampers DGSC095 Inspired by the Hobbit & for Splitcoaststampers Scrapbook Goals-January 2013 Scrap Pages.  I haven't seen the movie & probably won't but the challenge was to use white, two blues, brown & grey.  There was also a cheat sheet & link to the movie trailer but I figured I'd just go with the colors & wing it.  From what I read about the Hobbit I thought the photos from building Zach's fort would work plus it's 2 pages towards my January goal.    It was a sunny day in November so Zach's dad & uncle decided he should have a fort.  Well the pictures tell the story.  I found 2 sheets of paper in the SU DSP Well Worn that looked like wood so I used that as the background (there's the brown). There was also two sheet with different blue patterns but I think it was really the same color (that's 1 color of blue).  I decided to tear them but use them 2 different ways.  I also used screw head brads at the bottom of verticial strips.  From there I arranged the pictures by overlapping them & matted them in white.  The title is cut from my Cricut in grey.  I needed another blue so I added buttons which included another shade of blue.  So I had the white (matting), two blues (paper & button), brown (background paper) & grey (letters).  I also double matted the journaling with white & grey.  Challenge met!  I added SU twine & a couple of hammer brads too!   Thanks for looking!
 
 
 
Supplies:  SU DSP Well Worn, SU Whisper White, SU Bordering Blue; SU Hemp Twine; Eyelet Outlet Hammer Brads & Screw Head Brads; SU Buttons; Cricut Platin Schoolbook.
 

 

  

1 comment:

  1. I love how you put so many pictures on your pages. And the embellishments are so cute.

    ReplyDelete