Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, November 12, 2018

Sleet & Snow ATCoin

My first attempt at making ATCoins for a swap!  Lots of fun!



The coins were cut from coaster board using a 2 1/2" BigZ die & pieces of various  tissue wraps were cut big enough to cover the circles. Matte medium was brushed onto the coaster & tissue wrap then they were adhered together making sure the edges were well covered.







After they dried, the tissue wrap was trimmed & the edges were sanded to remove any rough edges.










They were inked using distress chipped sapphire & a little dusty concord.











Then Umbrella Man was stamped using black soot archival ink.  This is a DIY ink pad & is also the best to stamp on acetate with.  It's definitely black without that hint of blue.









Various stickers were placed a little off the edge then trimmed.











I recently saw a technique to make rain but I'm sorry now I can't find who to give credit to.  She used a chalk marker but I didn't have good luck with it so I used the small end of a stylus dipped in picket fence paint & swiped it across the surface at an angle.  To seal the coins & give them a wet look, they were sprayed with resist spray.

Hope you enjoyed my ATCoins.

TFL!!

1 comment: