Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Bee Thinking of You

This card is for the SCS technique
 challenge TLC388 Triple Stamping / Seamless Tiers.  I had a hard time deciding which stamps set to use.  Amazing with all the stamps I have, I only have a few background stamps!  To do this technique, you cut 3 layers of graduating sizes. I used Daffodil Delight and cut the largest layer 5 1/4 X 4 and made the other 2 layers layers 1 inch smaller on all sides than the previous layer.  Then you stack them together and use a small amount of adhesive to hold them in place.  I first stamped the flower and the bee.  I then masked them off and used the SU Chicken Wire Background Stamp over top of the flower & the bee.  Then you mat each layers.  Easy, huh?  I wanted to give it some bling but I got a little carried away with the stickles.  The sentiment is punched out on the modern label punch and sponged.  I then punch it out again in Daffodil Delight and cut it in half to give it a layered look.    Hope you enjoyed my creation!!

1 comment:

  1. Great card. I love the technique. I'd seen ones like that before, but never knew how to do them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete