Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tea Party Birthday

sc393_color_tbu-jpgI was encouraged to do a challenge by my good friend and fellow enabler, Runs with Scissors AKA Lisa.  I subscribed to Splitcoast Stamper's Card Sketch and when SC393 came out I decided to take the plunge.  The challenge was designed by Taylor (Stagccva). 

I rummanged through my stash and decided to use Stampin' Up's Designer Paper Tea Party and it just flowed from there. It was alot of fun and I'm looking forward to the next one.
I sponged the triangle, punch ribbon and paper flowers.  There's a clear button in the center of the flower.  I used DMC floss and tied a bow to add a little detail.

Thanks for looking!






Supplies:  Stamps - SU Perfect Punch;  Ink - SU So Saffron & Early Expresso; Paper- SU So Saffron cardstock, DP Tea Party; Other - SU Dotted scalloped ribbon border punch, paper flowers, clear buttons, DMC floss

2 comments:

  1. Lou Ann, that is just beautiful. Way to grab a challenge and run. I love everything about it. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love sketches! I need to use them more. Great card.

    ReplyDelete