Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bowling Is Right Up Your Alley

I'm working on meeting my goal of 11 pages for Splitcoast Stamper's March 2013 Scrap Pages & Chatter.  I usually have a goal of 8 pages per month but I only did 5 in February so I'm trying to catch up.  Well enough whining.  I'm also trying to do layouts from 2013 & staying current instead of skipping around...Oh I'm whining again...sorry!  I had found this DSP, Classic Lanes by Reminisce, at AC More on the clearance rack last year.  I have to say it was perfect for these photos!  I double matted them & decided to turn the black mat on two of them on the right page. Not sure I really like it?  If case you noticed the shirt in one of the photos on the left page is a different color, it's because the photo was dark & I tried to lighten it up...made it look purple.  I need to learn how to use Photoshop! 

The bowling ball & pins are EK Success Jolee Dimensional Stickers.  I tried to arrange them so it looks like they were hit by the ball & are falling over.  I didn't come up with the title myself but found it on a website called The Perfect Title.  There are some really cute ones & I put in in my favorites for future reference!  The title lettering is from the Cricut Cartridge Cutting Up.  I made them 1 3/4" which was a little big but I was finally able to range the title so I didn't have to cut them over.  I was going to shadow the letters but after I started cutting I noticed the style I had chosen, Holy Cow didn't have that feature but I think it shows up OK. 


When I did my journaling I found a blank score sheet & cropped it so I had one line.  It's hard to see but I put it at the top & bottom of the journaling area.  I also put one of the Jolee pins on the right of the journaling area.
Thanks for looking!
 
 
 
 
Supplies:  DSP Reninisce Classic Lanes, SU Basic Black, Going Grey & Whisper White.  EK Success Bowling Dimensional Sticker; Cricut Cartridge Cutting Up Cartridge; title The Perfect Title
 

2 comments: