Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lively Little Critters


This is a punch art ATC (1 of 20) I did for the Gigglers as a thank you gift for attending my SU party.  I was inspired by a card on Splitcoast Stampers done by France MartinI though it would be fun to make a miniature version with a few changes.  I know bunnies don't have their borrows in trees but Iet's pretend!  I used Tim Holtz's Wood Grain embossing folder with a technique we had recently used at my SU party.  Using an ink pad, ink the inside back of the embossing folder (if your folder has sharp bumps like Dotted Swiss, ink a stamp block & run is over the folder or it may ruin the ink pad).  Then put the card stock in the embossing folder & run it through your machine.  I used Chocolate Chip ink & Close to Cocoa card stock.  This technique gave the wood grain some depth.   I then used a circle punch to make the "burrow".  The punched out circle is inked with Chocolate Chip to make the inside of the tree look darker & then placed behind the bunny.  The bunny is done with different size oval punches.  The white card stock is sponged with ColorBox Gray Whale & the pads of the bunny's feet are Pretty in Pink & sponged the same color.  The grass is a punch by Martha Stewart.  I used a screw head brad to attach the tag to the tree.  The tail is a 1/2" pom-pom attached with a glue dot & the toes are drawn with a marker. 

Thanks for looking!


Supplies:  Card stock-SU Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Garden Green, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink;  Ink-SU Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, ColorBox Cat Eye Gray Whale; Embossing Folder-Tim Holtz's Wood Grain; Punches-Martha Stewart Grass, SU 1 3/4" round, 3 sizes of ovals, jewelry tag; Stamps-SU Tiny Tags;  Brads-Karen Foster mini screw brads.




3 comments: