Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, January 4, 2016

Santa's Key

I just love making tags & this one was for my stamping friends.  It's Tim Holtz  style but I used a mix of his products & things I had in my stash.

I started by blending Tim Holtz Vintage Photo & Tea Dyed Inks on a #10 Manilla Tag to create a vintage look for my background. Santa is from Tim Holtz Old Fashioned Christmas & is stamped in Tim Holtz Fired Brick Ink.   He is surrounded with pines so it appears he's coming out of the woods.  I used Penny Black's Pine Silhouettes corner stamp at the top & filled in down the sides of the tag with pine boughs from Tim Holtz Christmas Nostalgia stamp set.  Both are stamped in Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Ink. The sentiment is also from the Old Fashioned Christmas set & is stamped at an angle then heat embossed in Tim Holtz Distressed Black Soot Embossing Powder.


I found the verse for Santa's Key online (don't know who to give credit to) & printed it on SU Very Vanilla cardstock.  I stamped the pine boughs again & roughed up the edges with a Tonic Paper Distresser.   It's then sponged with Tea Dye ink & crumpled up.  I punched a slot in each side so I could thread the sheer red ribbon through.  The metal key was strung on the ribbon before tying a small bow.

At the top, I used a deep red velvet wired ribbon & tied 3 Darice Rusty Bells on with twine.  I also placed a twig with red berries behind the bells using Ranger's Glossy Accents


TFL!!               

No comments:

Post a Comment