Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Friday, January 1, 2016

Christmas Wishes 2015

This was the Christmas Card I made for my stamping friends last year...2015...LOL!  It was very simple & didn't take a lot of time to make.  I blended the background using Tim Holtz Distressed Stormy Sky ink over the entire piece of white CS. Then I blended in Chipped Sapphire on the edges, leaving the middle of the card lighter. That gave it an appearance of a glow over the horizon. After it dried, I stamped the trees in black. The sleigh was die cut from black CS then placed over the bottom of the trees. The sentiment is stamped in silver. I also spritzed the entire card with Perfect Pearls for a snowy, shimmery look. 

Easy peasy!!  TFL!





SUPPLIES:  Cardstock-SU Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black & Whisper White; Ink-Tim Holtz Ranger Distressed Ink Pads Chipped Sapphire & Stormy SkyTsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Encore Silver & Ranger Perfect Pearls Biscotti; Die-SU Sleigh Ride Edgelits; Stamps-SU Lovey as a Tree & unknown SU sentiment; Tools-Ranger Ink Blending Tool.


1 comment:

  1. Hello. What a super gorgeous sky and scene here. LOVE it. Thanks so much for the recent visit. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete