Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

August Birthday Wishes

Instead of birthday cards I decided to make tags for the Giggler's birthday girls! Judy & Robin both like tags Tim Holtz style!  Each tag is a little different but I used almost everything on both of them.

I use #10 tags & applied gesso
which made the colors very muted.  I placed a torn piece of tissue wrap
using matte multi-medium towards the edge.  For the background I blended peeled paint, festive berries, worn lipstick, & fossilized amber.  I added modeling paste using Tim's flourish stencil then sponged festive berries over top.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz's French Memories Set stamped in black archival ink.  The butterflies  are stamped in wild honey then heat embossed.  I also used peeled paint with Tim's splatter stencil & on the left tag stamped an image from Classic #3 at the bottom. The edges are distressed then inked with frayed burlap.  I spritzed the entire tag with picket fence spray stain then once it dried spritzed it again with Perfect Pearls Biscotti.

Tim's crinkle ribbon is stamped with "happy birthday" from SU's Party with Cake set in black archival ink.  I smooshed the same colors that are on the tag on my craft sheet then sprayed with water & dragged the ribbon through the ink.  It was crumpled up & once dry I placed part of it over the tag. The remainder of the ribbon was used at the top in a double bow. I cut apart Zva taupe flourish pearls & added some to each tag & the right tag has a line of taupe pearls under the sentiment.  I had the flowers in my stash which matched perfectly!  I made the leaves by sponging peeled paint on CS then the veins are stamped from SU Gently Falling in peeled paint & punched using an SU punch.  I crumpled them up before adhering with a glue dot.

I love the delicate feminine look of these tags...should have made one for myself!!  TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment