Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Enjoy the Ride!

It was my turn to design the ATC for The Craft Shack's August ATC Club.  Of course August is the last hurrah of summer so I wanted to do something with a beach theme...what's better than an amusement park ride on the boardwalk?  I wanted to make a spinner card but nixed the idea when I realized I'd have to make the cars spin too!
The ferris wheel is from Taylored Expressions "Adventure Land" (retired). It's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Elizabeth Crafts Design Soft Finish Card stock which is wonderful CS to work with. The image is colored with Copics (R27, R46, G17, B00, B06, Y35, C3).  I fussy cut it out so I could pop it up & added a star brad in the center.  I used the same CS for the background & blended tumbled glass for the sky & antique linen for the sand.  I used a black marker to ink the smallest "seaagull" on The Northwoods Birds stamp.  The boardwalk is a retired stamp from My Favorite Things "Western Backgrounds" stamped in vintage photo.  Once the ATC front was placed on the SU Brown Sugar distressed base I added the sentiment.  It's 1 line from a sentiment from the Taylored Expression set so I used a vintage photo marker to ink it & it's stamped on CS inked with tumbled glass then fussy cut it out.

TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment