Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Autumn Vines Birthday

Time to make cards for the Giggler's October birthday's!. This month there are 2 birthdays & I decided to make Tina's birthday card first.  Tina had shown me a few cards she made from sketches she found on pinterest so I decided to check them out.  I found this card sketch by Yolande (I think) & fell in love with all the layers.








The top two layers were cut in SU DSP Autumn Vines & SU Really Rust using one of my favorite dies, Spellbinders Pierced Rectangles. There are 6 dies in the set. I used 4 of the largest dies, nesting 2 together the outside die will cut & the inside die will pierce. They don't fit tight together so there is a small gap. Once they were in position I held them in place using Masquerade Art Masking Tape. I love this tape because it's low tack & doesn't leave any residue.  Once those 2 layers were adhered together I added a 4" paper doily & trimmed it at the edge.  I then added the 2 1/2 X 1 1/2 banner which was cut from the same DSP.

The IO open scroll leaf die is cut from SU Sage Shadow & adhered using a glue pen.   For a little bling, I added peel off silver glitter stickers to the leafy scroll.











Instead of a ribbon, I cut the Elizabeth Craft Jewels Die Set from SU Sage Shadow. There are 3 dies in this set & they are so cool.  This one has a small curve & I cut it in half so it doesn't go all the way under the tag.  It needed a little more bling so more peel off silver glitter stickers were just the ticket!













The tag was cut 2 X 1 1/4 in SU Whisper White then I used a SU corner punch to form the tag.  The sentiment is from SU Happiest Birthday Wishes set & stamped in Coffee Archival Ink.  I also added a brad then used dimensionals to pop the tag up. A small key added a finishing touch!  Then the card front was added to the SU Chocolate Chip base which is a standard A2 card.

Hope you enjoyed my project & I'm sure Tina will too!

TFL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment