Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Monster's Mask - Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 Technique Remix - October

Time for Tim's tag & I got together with a group of friends at The Craft Shack to make our versions! His October remix consisted of Patchwork Collage from February 2015 & Dimensional Monsters from October 2015.  I don't own the monster dies so I made my own monster,..well it's more like a monster's mask!

I also didn't have the new Halloween ephemera so I used snippets from his new materialize 8x8 paper-pack & some from an old paper pack my friend, Lisa had in her stash.  I found a page with words so I used "costume".  I love how the smudged crayons look over the the crazing medium.  I think I went a little crazy with the tiny attacher but the look is so cool.  I distressed the edges then blended them with black soot ink,  Instead of spattering the tag, I sprayed it with hickory smoke spray stain to finish the 1st part of the tag.

In place of the monster die, I decided to make a spooky mask by cuting 2 leaves from Tim's Big Z Tattered Leaves Die.  I should have used foil tape sheets over a piece of cardstock but goofed up & cut them from a mirrored sheet.  The mirrored sheet is thicker so when I tried to punch a 1/2" hole for the eyes, I only got an impression.  I finished cutting them out using scissors & decided to slant the eyes.   Then I embossed them using the diamond plate texture fade & did the faux metal look with black soot paint. I shaped it a little by bending them & added feathers I had in my stash.  I only had 1 green eye so I put the wicked adornment spider on a wire & place it in the other eye.  I added hex fasteners on each side then adhered it to my tag using black 3d foam squares.  I'm pretty proud of my "masked monster"!   

To finish it off I added "curiosities" from Tim's incantation word bands with wire & stapled it on.  The film strip ribbon was stapled on showing a hand.  The final touch was black string at the top.

Since there are so many stapes I decided to put a back on using paper from the materialize paper pack.  It wasn't long enough so I added a strip of materialize design tape at the bottom.   

I have to say this tag is one of my favorites!!  Hmmm, I think I've said that before...LOL!  TFL!

1 comment: