Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Thoughts

This card was a project for my SU party & was really easy to make!  I try to do a technique I haven't done before & I found the crimped diamond technique by Lee Conrey on SCS.  I used Cherry Cobbler & Crumb Cake cardstock which are 2 of my favorite colors.  The sentiment is from White Christmas stamp set & stamped in Basic Black.  The pine bow is from Wonderland stamp set & I used Garden Green & Early Espresso markers to ink the stamps.  The red twine is retired & the sentiment panel is popped up using dimensionals.  I almost forgot the most important tool...the crimper!!  All the supplies are from Stampin' Up except the crimper & the bling.

Hope you give this one a try & TFL!


No comments:

Post a Comment