Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Eat More Cake!

My BFF Lisa & I are always looking for new things to try so when I found the faux crazed porcelain technique on Splitcoaststampers I decided to try it when I made her birthday card.  I thought it looked pretty neat but mine didn't turn out like theirs did & here's why...

The technique calls for Distress Picket Fence Crackle Paint over chipboard.  Well I love red & thought red showing through the picket fence crackle instead of natural chipboard would be so pretty. So I inked the chipboard with fired brick & painted over it with Picket Fence.  Well you can probably guess how the ink reacted when I put the Picket Fence paint over it.  Bingo!  The ink was reactivated so the Picket Fence paint was no longer white, it was, well pinkish!  I should have known better & left the chipboard natural.  I'm gonna give it another try because I think it's such a neat technique!!

What did go right...It was die cut with Spellbinders Labels 3 prior to painting.  I embossed it using UTEE then stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz's Handwritten Sentiments Stamp Set with black archival ink then embossed it again using the UTEE.  The SU Red Riding Hood card front was embossed using We R Memory Keepers Quilted EF.

It's it wonderful when friends understand & still like your screw ups???  I love you Lisa!!


1 comment: