Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Friday, June 9, 2017

A Bowl of Yum

Time for the June recipe card class at The Craft Shack!  This tasty recipe was submitted by Diane Z. & I designed it with a little inspiration from Pinterest. I've never done anything with an Asian theme & I really like out it turned out. 
The bowl was made following Alex's Creative Corner idea by punching SU Rose Red CS using the SU Designer Label Punch then cutting it about in half.  It was stamped in black Archival Ink using the corner stamp from Penny Black's Oriental set.  The bowl was trimmed using SU Basic Black CS.  The chopsticks were hand cut from SU Natural CS & attached to the back of the bowl then it was popped up.
The idea for the hanging screen came from Maylee's lantern card.  The branch from Penny Black's Oriental set was stamped at an angle with black Archival Ink on SU Rose Red then run through a paper crimper.  It was trimmed so there were tabs at the top, & bottom for the hand cut fringe.  It's decorated by punching SU Basic Black Cardstock with a SU Scallop Trim punch & adhered to the back using Scor Tape.  The tiny white pearls were colored with gold Wink of Stella then placed at the top & bottom.. 
The lanterns from the same Penny Black set were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, colored with copics YG63 & R85 , fussy cut out then the fringe was cut apart.  Clear Wink of Stella over the leaves gave it a little sparkle & a line was drawn on the DSP with a gold marker to "hang" the lanterns.  (Ignore the little white spot on the right lantern it's not on the original?)
The SU Very Vanilla recipe card & SU Basic black mat were cut with the SU Window Framelit die.  The black mat was cut in half then adhered to the back of the recipe card & popped up.                                                                                                                         After adhering the gold trim ribbon to the center of the Bazzill Glamorous Vintage Lace DSP it was matted in SU Basic Black then all the elements were adhered.                                                                                                                                                                  TFL!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful recipe card you made! You are very talented. Thank you for taking the time to describe your process.

    ReplyDelete