Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Distress Ink Technique Binder Notebook




In April, I was lucky enough to take a class with Tim Holtz. He taught several techniques using his new Distress Oxide Inks from Ranger. I decided to make a divider tag to put between my Creative Chemistry Distress Ink tags & the Distress Oxide Ink Technique tags in my Idea-ology Worn Binder Notebook.  I figured there was no better way to ink it than color blocking using all 12 current colors!

I used the "direct to paper" (DTP) technique by pressing the ink pad directly onto a Ranger #8 tag.


Then using Ranger's Distress Sprayer I spritzed it with water & dried it with a heat tool.
Not all 12 colors would fit separately on the tag so I left a little "white space" between the "bottom" colors.  Then I added the "top" colors, inking over the "white space" & overlapping the colors on each side.  I dried after each color was added so they would be layered & not blended. After the entire tag was covered you could really see how the layering worked.

I stamped the title in Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink using Tim's Worn Text Stamp Set from Stampers Anonymous.  I also typed some of the oxide ink tips Tim had given us in class & on his videos then adhered it to the back of the tag.


The finished technique tags were then placed in Idea-ology Page Pockets & stored in my Idea-ology Worn Binder Notebook.  The cherry on top was Tim & Mario autographing my notebook!

  












It was an awesome class, the companies were so generous with their products & Tim's a fabulous teacher!! Oh & I can't forget Mario, he  made the labels for the notebook plus keeps everything organized before & during the classes!

TFL!



1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this post! What a great idea to summarize those facts on the back of your divider tag. I only wish I had asked Mario to autograph my book. I agree it was a wonderful class thanks to Tim and Mario. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete