Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Capture Life's Moments

This is the 5th & last technique I learned in a class taught by Tim Holtz in April.  The technique using Oxide Inks is called Luminous Layers.


This #8 tag was done in Tim's class by smooshing Oxide Inks (Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Cracked Pistachio & Spiced Marmalade) on a craft mat.  Instead of spraying the Oxide Inks with water they were sprayed with Brushed Pewter Mica Spray.  The tag was then swiped through the ink & dried with a heat gun.  Then I continued to swipe or tap the tag into the inks, drying in between layers.  Stamps used were from Classic #1Classic #3 & Classic #4 stamped in Black Archival Ink.





Using the technique above, I made this #10 tag for a class at The Craft Shack.  The Oxide Inks I used, Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint & Frayed Burlap, were sprayed with Antique Bronze Mica Spray.  Several  different leaves from Tim's Leaf Print Set were stamped with Monarch Orange, Coffee, Plum & Vermillion Archival Inks.  The flourishes from Tim's Sketch Elements was stamped with Olive Archival Ink.  Two acorns from Tim's Autumn Blueprint Set were stamped with Coffee Archival, then inked with Frayed Burlap & Walnut Stain Oxides, spritzed with water & cut out.  One acorn was popped up then the other cap was layered on top.  I added "Autumn" from Chit Chat Seasonal stickers on the acorn & splattered Black Soot Paint over the tag.  I rubbed a Rusty Hinge Crayon over the Word Band that says "Capture Life's Moments" then wiped the excess off & added twine.

For my fluffy bow I followed Freddie's bow tutorial & used 3 distress markers, Barn Door, Gathered Twigs, Carved Pumpkin on crinkle ribbon.  I love the effect of the Gathered Twigs down the center of the ribbon but I think I used to much water because there wasn't any cream left showing. 

The photos don't do the technique justice.  The mica spray is so shimmery & pretty I almost didn't add the acorn & word band.  Hope you enjoyed my September tag & TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment