Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Pop Up Flower Pot Card

I needed to make a couple of birthday cards for my stamping friends so I decided to make these adorable pop up flower pot cards.  I saw them on SplitcoastStampers & there is an excellent tutorial which includes step-by-step instructions & a video by Chris Slogar.  They are easy to make but a little time consuming.


The bases & bands are SU Certainly Celery & sponged with the same color ink.  The sentiment is from SU Petite Pairs stamped with Versafine black ink & punched out using SU's oval & scalloped oval punches.

The flowers pots are SU Really Rust cardstock & then dabbed with a sponge in the same color ink to give it a little texture.

The flowers are Tim Holtz Tattered Florals & I had to cut 12 for each card.  Two die cuts are stacked for each flower & there are 3 flowers on each side of the flower pot.  So a total of 24 dies cuts!!  The flowers were cut from SU Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock then stamped in their coordinating ink using Impression Obsession Min Patterns #3 Stamp Set.  The center of the flower is SU Early Espresso punched with a 1/2" circle punch & popped up with a 3D foam squares.

The leaves are from Tim Holtz Garden Greens & die cut from SU Certainly Celery.

The flowers & leaves are attached to some window sheet material with glue dots.

Check out the link above to the tutorial to see how easy it is to put these together!!

TFL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment