Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Susan's Technique Birthday Tag #1

Each month a group of my stamping friends get together to celebrate birthdays & September is Susan's birthday month.  She was not able to attend our Technique Tags Tim Holtz Style get together at The Craft Shack in September so instead of a traditional birthday card I decided to make her technique cards in the form of a birthday tag.  I'm so glad she was thrilled to be able to add them to her idea-ology worn binder notebook!

In September we revisited Tim's 12 tags of 2016 from February when he had done the monoprint technique from June 2014 & the embossed texture paste technique from March 2015.

The monoprint technique is a very easy technique using distress inks, water & a stencil on watercolor paper.  I'll tell you what I did but I suggest you follow the link above to Tim's instructions.












The mini ink cubes work best for this technique.  I used peacock featherssqueezed lemonade & ripe persimmon to ink the back of gradient square stencil.  Tim suggests inking the back of the stencil in the event words, etc. are used that need to face a certain way.

Generously mist the inked stencil with water then lay it on the smooth side of the distress watercolor-paper.  Cover with a paper towel & press down on the surface so the ink absorbs into the watercolor paper.  Lift the stencil & dry with a heat tool.

To finish it off, I stamped "happy birthday" from Handwritten Sentiments then masked it before I stamped an images from Classics 1Classics 3, & Classics 4  in jet black archival ink.  It was then added to a #8 kraft tag.


That's it!!  Easy peasy!

Check out her other "birthday card"!






No comments:

Post a Comment