Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Have A Holly Jolly Christmas

I'm usually not one for 3D paper craft projects but since it's a Christmas ornament I was in.  I made 12 of them for a Christmas ornament swap at our annual shoebox event.  The theme was Have A Holly Jolly Christmas so this die couldn't have been more perfect!

I started with a 3" wooden hoop & took it apart.  The inside hoop was traced onto the back of the cardstock.  The front of the cardstock has holly leaves & berries.





I fussy cut all the circles but don't ask me why I didn't use my Cricut.






I ran a thin line of adhesive around the edge of the inside hoop & added the card stock over it.  They were then set aside so the adhesive was completely dry.





I trimmed the card stock as close as I could.







I used a file to clean & smooth the edges.  I did this by going down over the edge at an angle.  A dusty job but it's kinda fun!






The edges were inked with frayed burlap then the hoop was reassembled.







I cut 3X3 pieces of SU Real Red cardstock & back it with Stick-it.  This is a double sided adhesive. 






I used my Sidekick to die cut Have A Holly Jolly Christmas by Creative Expressions Festive Craft Dies.






Because the cardstock had Stick-it on the back, I removed the release paper from the die cut to reveal an adhesive backed die cut.






I centered the die cut on the cardstock that had been adhered to the hoop.






I cut out 4 sets of holly leaves & 2 sets of holly berries for each ornament from Tim Holtz Coredinations Kraft Core Seasonal Paper using Tim Holtz Mini Holiday Greens Die Set.






For each side of the ornament, I arranged 2 sprigs of holly leaves & 1 stem of holly berries.  They are adhered them together with mini glue dots.  Isn't that a cute glue dot dispenser?





The holly & berries were then adhered to the top of the hoop with another glue dot.  They are very delicate but can be rearranged a little since the glue dot is flexible.


I cut 9" of 1/8" ribbon, threaded it through the bracket at the top of the hoop & made a loop to hang the ornament.  I then tied another 9" of ribbon around the metal top of the hoop & tied a bow then trimmed the ends.


TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment