Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Freshman

Both of these 12 x 12 layouts are for a scraplift challenge on Splitcoaststampers August Scrapbook Goals group I participate in.  Every Wednesday we are to scraplift a layout for a specific person's in our group.

For August 4th the person was PrincessP1971.  I chose DSC07280_by_princessp1971 from January 2010.  But by the time I was done with it I felt I had sorta, kinda...not followed her layout so I decided to try another one. 

The layout base is from the DCWV High School Paper Pack.  I double matted the photo & the journal square, first in SU Gold Foil to pick up the gold in the DSP then in SU Basic Black to pick up the black in his shirt.  The SU Brocade Blue journaling square also picks up the color in his shirt.  The gold Queen & Co Goosebumps were used on the mat with black Sicko Large Foam Numbers which accented the the black & gold in the layout.  The grouping in the lower left are from Tim Holtz Thrift Shop Ephemera & Small Talk Snarky Sticker which fits school pretty well.

The 2nd layout I chose was Another library project from March 2020.  I feel I nailed this one.  I have to do a little research before I can complete the journaling but I left space for it.

The base is SU Basic Black with a 12 x 9 piece of  DCWV High School Paper Pack.  I matted the photos the same as above with SU Gold Foil & Basic Black.  The journaling area is SU Basic Black with a piece of the DCWV on the left edge.  I'll probably print the journaling on SU Brocade Blue.  I used Tim Holtz Number Brad 9, a Muse Token & an Adornments Arrow.

I used the same DSP & cardstock since they are both school photos taken close together in time.  I almost think I'm going to reverse the layouts when they're placed in the album.  What do you think?

TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment