Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Wishes

This card was designed for a shoebox project at the February gather held in Ilion, NY.  I was inspired by a card on Splitcoast which had a heart half punched out of a front panel that was popped out on the front of the card (that was a mouth full & you probably don't know what I said).  I decided to change it a little so the right front of the card was a little shorter than the back.  Then the punched image would fit on the inside of the card.  I also added a label with a sentiment stamped on it so it hangs over the edge of the card to give it some balance.
Here's a close up of the punched out flower and how its positioned on the inside of the card.  I used double sided sticky paper in the center of the flower and put cooper glitter on it.  The butterfly is a SU Sizzlet.














Supplies:  Stamps - SU Mixed Bunch; Punch - SU Blossom; Sizzlet - SU Butterflies; Card stock - SU Old Olive, GP White; Ink - Daffodil Delight, Old Olive;  

2 comments:

  1. That was a mouthful! LOL Beautiful card. I love the sway of the grasses with the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birth gifts is the most expensive to who get this whether it is important or not to him/her. It shows the love to ward them.

    by gifts to india

    ReplyDelete