Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day Card

This is a card I did for a shoebox swap in Buffalo, NY at the end of April.  I was afraid I was going to run out of the ribbon but luckily I had JUST enough.  





My friends, Diane (Cookiestamper) & Jeannette Kinney suggested the score lines around the ship which you can see on the card above and making a flag for "Best Dad Ever".  I used a bone folder to curl the flag and placed a deminisional underneath the middle to make it appear like it was waving in the wind.






I also stamped the anchor inside the card on the bottom right and on the lower left corner of the envelope. Cute, huh?






Stamps - SU The Open Sea & Best Dad Ever; SU Paper - Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Natural White; Ribbon - SU 1 1/4 Striped Grosgrain Night of Navy; Embelishipment - Gold Brad; Tools - Distressing, Bone folder, Scor-Pal

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! Great job on your first post. I'm now a member and a subscriber and will be will be stalking you. I love the score lines on the front of the card. That anchor is so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little birdie told me you started a blog...congrats! This is a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete