Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Marvelous Birthday Wish

This is a card I designed for our NEPA Giggler's June birthday party.  Once a month we get together at a local restaurant, The Riverstone Inn (great food) to have dinner, give the birthday girl her card and have a lot of giggles.  In June, we celebrate 4 birthdays - my sister (in-law), Pam, my California sister, Vickie, Shannon, and Elaine) so I made 4 of the same card and 1 candy bar wrapper which I'll tell you about later.  First I decided I should use some of the designer paper I've been collecting.  I started out simple with a strip down the left side and then added Wanda, from the SU 2003 set "Words by Wanda".

In the left pic, I stamped the sentiment, cut it out and then used pop dots so it would stand out.  The inside of the card says "and on my birthday you must say I look marvelous".  What a way to get a compliment!   I decided to paper piece her dress to match the strip on the right.  I haven't done a lot of paper piecing but really like how it came out.  I used my SU markers to color her hat, shoes, etc.  It's hard to see but the flower on the hat has Stickles in the center to add a little bling.   In the pic to the right, I felt it looked plain so  I criss-crossed lavender & white twine and added a clear button to dress it up.

Now for the candy bar wrapper.  At our past birthday parties, we've all been roasted and received gag gifts.  This was Elaine's first time so it was her turn but she's so sweet it was hard to come up with something so we decided to decorate candy bar wrappers.  I had just enough DP so I decorated it to match her card and had just enough twine too.  The sentiment says "Wishing you the sweetest day ever".  She was thrilled with all the fancy candy bars she received.


Supplies:  SU card stock- ;


1 comment:

  1. Cute card. I love how her dress matches the side of the card.

    ReplyDelete