Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Vintage Wedding

This was a project from a class at the 2012 Creating Keepsakes Convention in Lancaster, PA at the end of July that I attended with Gigglers, Lisa, Shannon and Jeannette.  These pages will be the 2nd and 3rd in a family scrapbook for my son, Jeff and daughter-in-law Cindy.   I choose pictures of the parents, wedding party and the church.  I love the angle the church pic was taken from.  The class was titled "Beautiful Roses and Me" by Scrapbooking with Debbie (Debbie Lukacs).  This was her design and she provided all the card stock and die cut leaves, roses and scalloped borders plus dew drops.  I used her leaves & borders but I did change out the roses.  Debbie had us make die cut rolled roses which are beautiful but 3D and would work better in a shadow box frame than in a scrapbook.  I did save them for a future project.  We had to bring one 12X12 & three 4X6 photos printed in sepia for a vintage look.  Thanks to Shannon for printing the photos!  The page on the right was pretty basic with the 4X6 pictures mounted on sponged mats.  We added borders and dew drops over the pictures.  The left page is where the detail is.  The card stock had a border of roses and leaves so we had to fussy cut around them, taking out the center.  The card stock was mounted OVER the photo to layer the page. 
  

It's hard to see but we had another identical piece of card stock that we cut roses and leave out of. These were mounted over the same rose and leaves on the scrapbook page with deminionals to give it depth. We then added die cut leaves and roses.  The roses are 3 layers cut from a Spellbinders die.  I used a stylist to shape the petals then before layering them together I sponged the edges.  I added a crystal to the center.(

Debbie did a great job on this design!!

Sorry the 1st picture is so big...I'm new at this and couldn't get it the right size.  TFL!!






Supplies:  Card stock, dew drops, die cut leaves & scalloped borders provided Scrapbooking with Debbie ; Layered roses -Spellbinders Rose Creations by Donna-Salazar; Crystal.. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! And the flowers turned out great. Glad to hear you're still using the other ones too. (My birthday is in a couple months....hint...hint...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pages! Looks like a fun class!

    ReplyDelete