Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Autumn Birthday


This is Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge SC399 from 8/22 and was designed by Korin Sutherland (sweetnsassystamps).  Korin's objective was to keep it simple and I followed her design.  Of course she did say she left alot of space for stamping...which I didn't do.  I've been trying to do the sketch challenges and since I decided to start doing these I'm about 8 behind BUT I am going to catch up!
I have a ton of DSP which I rarely use.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who saves it for something "special".  You know what I'm talking about, right?  I decide to just pull out the first pack I came to and use it.  I grabbed SU Autumn Vine.  I'm not sure what year it came out but I had to go through my archives to make sure I had the right colors - Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip and Really Rust.  I made another birthday card because I can always use them and choose Happy Moments stamp set.  I thought I'd mat each layer which probably isn't part of the sketch challenge but I'm sure no one will be upset.

I wanted to add a little more color and pattern so I used to same DSP to paper piece the gifts.  I seem to be doing more paper piecing because it's an easy way to add color and patterns.  Again, I kept it VERY simple.  Hope you enjoyed looking as much as I enjoyed making!


Supplies (all SU): Stamps - Happy Moments; Paper - DSP Autumn Vine, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow; Ink - Chocolate Chip


2 comments:

  1. What a nice idea. As a teacher I have never gotten such a thing and I know your child's teacher will be very touched. Teachers usually get most supplies needed or will buy them or have specific things in mind that may be hard to know. If there are elem. age kids then crayons, coloured pencils, erasers, pencils, little sharpeners, prizes for the kids such as stickers or other little things are always needed and used
    christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. The paper piecing of the presents in the coordinating paper is great. And that dsp must have been before my time, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete