Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Autumn Birthday


This is Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge SC399 from 8/22 and was designed by Korin Sutherland (sweetnsassystamps).  Korin's objective was to keep it simple and I followed her design.  Of course she did say she left alot of space for stamping...which I didn't do.  I've been trying to do the sketch challenges and since I decided to start doing these I'm about 8 behind BUT I am going to catch up!
I have a ton of DSP which I rarely use.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who saves it for something "special".  You know what I'm talking about, right?  I decide to just pull out the first pack I came to and use it.  I grabbed SU Autumn Vine.  I'm not sure what year it came out but I had to go through my archives to make sure I had the right colors - Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip and Really Rust.  I made another birthday card because I can always use them and choose Happy Moments stamp set.  I thought I'd mat each layer which probably isn't part of the sketch challenge but I'm sure no one will be upset.

I wanted to add a little more color and pattern so I used to same DSP to paper piece the gifts.  I seem to be doing more paper piecing because it's an easy way to add color and patterns.  Again, I kept it VERY simple.  Hope you enjoyed looking as much as I enjoyed making!


Supplies (all SU): Stamps - Happy Moments; Paper - DSP Autumn Vine, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow; Ink - Chocolate Chip


1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous. The paper piecing of the presents in the coordinating paper is great. And that dsp must have been before my time, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete