Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Friday, September 14, 2012

2012 Riverfest.


I've been scrap booking for awhile but have very few pages done.  I "collect" paper, embellishments & turn every event with my grandson into a photo op  I found a challenge on Splitcoast Stampers for Scrapbook Goals & decided to join.  I didn't want to overwhelm myself so my goal for September was two 2 page layouts & finished them last night!  I'm thrilled & proud that I"m finally getting some pages done!!  Maybe I'll increase my goal for October??  

Well on to the pages...the theme for all 4 pages was none other than Zach at Riverfest.  He usually becomes a "carnie" for the day with his Great Aunt Laurie (& yes, he thinks she's great!) to sell ride tickets & do anything else Laurie needs help with. I used black SU 12X12 card stock & had only had 1 piece of paper with fireworks so I cut four 3" strips & put them about 2" from the top of each page to highlight the big fireworks show that is always at the end of Riverfest.                        

The left page is about selling carnival ride tickets so I used a ticket corner punch and a 1/2" circle punch to make the photos look like tickets.  They didn't turn out to bad but I did have a hard time lining the 1/2 circles up..probably should have used 2 sizes.  From my stash, a merry-go-round, ferris wheel & tickets. 
 
The black letters are shadowed in yellow to match the picture mats & cut from my Cricut.  I also replace the "I" in Rvierfest with a firecracker.
The right page is of Aaron Kelly who was a contestant on American Idol and performed at Riverfest.  Aunt Laurie & Zach had "backstage passes" to meet Aaron & were part of his entourage to walk him to the stage. The letters were matted in red but I was a little disappointed they don't show up better. Guess I should have used a lighter color to mat them.  I was lucky I had some Jolee musical embellishments, perfect for this page.
 
The next 2 page layout has photos Zach took of the fireworks.  To spotlight them, I cut the photo out using a Spellbinder.  The bottom photos have punched photo corners  added to a few picks at the bottom of the page.  Again from my stash...cotton candy, candy apples and more firecrackers.  More good news...I had everything so no need to shop AND I journaled!! (can you hear me patting myself on the back...LOL)
 
Supplies:  Paper - SU Basic Black, YoYo Yellow, Taken with Teal, Only Ornage, Lovely Lilac, Gable Green, Unknown fireworks. white; Embellishments - Jolee (firecrackers, cotton candy, candy apples), Sandylion Essentials (merry-go-round, ferris wheel, tickets), EK Success (music); Punches - SU 1/2" circle,  photo cornern X-lg; Cricut - Plantin Schoolbook; Spellbinders - Lg Classic Inverted Scalloped Circle.

1 comment:

  1. These pages are so great. I love the firecrackers and the ticket matting. The second layout with the fireworks and your choice of spellbinder. Perfect. And, of course, Zack. With a model like that, how can you lose. LOVE EM!

    ReplyDelete