Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Think Snow

This was a card for my oldest son who celebrated his birthday today.  He said "Now that's a neat birthday card", which of course made me happy!  He loves winter and snowmobiling so when I found this stamp it was a no brainer to get it.  I've never come across a snowmobile stamp before and there are 2 of them.  You can find them at Patti's Paper Crafts Studio out of Old Forge, NY. Patti attended one of the gatherings near Utica, NY last year and has some really nice stamps that I haven't seen at other shops.  There are geese flying over head and I finished it off with natural jute across the top.  I also distresed the edges on the white card stock.

I stamped on white card stock and to make the appearance of a snow bank, tore card stock and overlapped it.  I added stickles across the tear to give it a sparkle of snow.  I colored the snowmobile using my Copics (yes, blue for Yamaha) and used Crystal Effects on the faceshield of the helmet and windshield.   It was a fun card to make!
Supplies:  Stamps - Snowmobile from Patti's Paper Craft Studio, Migrating Birds from Stampscapes, Sentiment from Unknown; Card stock - White, SU Brilliant Blue; Misc - Star Dust Stickles, Copics, SU Natural Hemp Twine. 



3 comments:

  1. I love this card. It just makes me shiver to see that snow flying out behind him. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Love the snow/Stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek! You said that four letter word! *not ready for the white stuff* Cute card though!

    ReplyDelete