Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Shabby Chic

Taylor (stagccva) was the SCS Sketch Hostess who designed this for the 7/31/12 challenge #396.   She kept it simple with a big panel for larger images or sentiments.  I love this design!     
I decided to give the shabby chic look a try.  My good friend, Lisa (SCS runswithscissors) has this look perfected.  I'm very happy how it turned out (there's no one here to pat me on the back so I'll do it myself).  As with the last challenge, I decided to get into my stash so I used SU DSP Bella Birds.  I'm not sure what year it came out but I really like the pastel colors.  I sponged all the DSP with Close to Cocoa.  The trim is white to match the white in the striped paper.  I had sponged a piece of the trim but it looked better white.  At this point there isn't a sentiment on the card and I think I'll wait until I use it, maybe as a birthday or sympathy card.


Supplies - SU Bordering Blue, Blush Blossom, DSP Bella Birds; Ink - Close to Cocoa; Stamp - Inkakinkado Botanical Script.


1 comment:

  1. Let me pat you on your bloggy back. This is a fabulous card. I love that you're getting into the old stash of dsp. The oldies are so often the goodies. And I love your fringe and your choice of image. You're right about the sentiment. Use it for what you need it for because it would work for either.

    ReplyDelete