Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mary Ann's Halloween Birthday


One of my good friends, Mary Ann, who is also a NEPA Giggler, is an October birthday girl.  She LOVES Halloween so it was a no brainer to make her birthday card with a Halloween theme.  I hate to admit it but I used a stamp set I borrowed from Mary Ann to make her card...LOL.  After embossing the pumpkins, I took my black stamp pad and rubbed if over top on the reverse side.  The black mat is die cut using a Spellbinders as well as the green, which was placed on the black mat at an slight angle.  All the edges are sponged in black.  I printed the sentiment for the sign and cut it out by hand.  The sentiment on the inside of the card was found online (can't remember where) but I changed it a little to read:
When black cats prowl,
and pumpkins gleam,
may your birthday
be as fun as Halloween

 

Supplies:  Card stock - SUDSP Cast-a-spell; Stamps - SU Spooktacular Greetings; Other - Spellbinders Lg Deckled Rectangle, Cuttlebug Punpkin Harvest Emblossing Folder, Unknown adhesive backed black ribbon, SU Basic Black Ink

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute card. I love the image and the dsp. The inking of your embossed pumpkin patch makes them stand out so well.

    ReplyDelete