Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Decorating Zach's Christmas Tree

This is my last October layout for Splitcoaststampers Scrapbook Goal Challenge.  It's a monthly challenge and for October my goal was 8 pages and I MADE IT!!!  I probably mentioned it before but I joined the group in September.  I decided to start out with a goal of 4 pages and reached it well before the end of the month.  So for October I decided to go out on a limb and double my goal.  Since the holiday's are coming I think I'll try to do 6 in November and 4 in December.  I am so glad I joined because I would have never done so many layouts.  The girls are very encouraging and supportive.  Their theory is any page done is good and it doesn't matter if it's a digi, a kit or your own design!  Well on to the layout....


This layout is not my design or a kit, it was from a Scrapbook Shoebox Swap our group did a few years ago.  Each person attending was assigned a holiday or special day like birthday.  You needed to make one completed two page layout to be used as a sample then supply everything for the others to do.  That included cutting everything so the layout only needed to be assembled and embellished.  You set up your sample and supplies then explained it to the group.  We then rotated to each project and at the end of the day we ended up with 18 COMPLETED two page layouts  I always enjoy attending events like this.  Not only do you end up with nice projects but we always have a lot of fun plus a great lunch.  I'm not sure who designed this layout but when/if I find out I'll come back and post her name so she gets credit for such a cute design.  Again the pictures don't do it justice...I think I need a new camera.  The paper on the left page is similar to SU's Cherry Cobbler with gold dots.  I'm think the "Just Believe" was done on a Silhoutte or a Cricut.  The pictures are double matted and the red plaid is so pretty I hated to cover it up so I cut the pictures a little smaller so it shows as much as possible.  The pictures I chose for this layout went very well with the layout since it has a cute tree on the right page.  I feel like I'm cheating because I've had this layout together for awhile but even adding the pictures and especially journaling never got done before and now I am!


This detail is so cute.   The stars are non-traditional and are hanging from string of beads.   Thanks for looking!
 
Supplies - I'm sorry to say can't post the company names for the supplies because I didn't do the design.  
 
 
 


 


1 comment:

  1. How adorable. The perfect pages to show a handsome young man trimming the tree.

    ReplyDelete