Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Emily's HS Graduation

This card was for Emily, our great niece who graduated as valedictorian from her high school.  We're so proud of her & know she'll do well in her quest to become a physician's assistant.  As you probably guessed her school colors as blue & gold.  I decided to stamp the year & punch them out as stars because the inside sentiment talks about being a star.   I was a little disappointed that the gold glitter paper isn't very sparklie in the photo.












The owl was done with the SU Owl Punch & I hand cut the hat.   The tassel is black twine & the diploma is also tied with twine.  I drew the bows of the glasses with a SU gold marker.


Supplies:  SU Night of Navy & Whisper White, Unknown glitter paper; Stamps - SU  ;  Punches SU - Star & Owl;


No comments:

Post a Comment