Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

She's a Cheesy Chick

I love making recipe cards so it was a pleasure to design this one for The Craft Shack's February Recipe Card Club. I ran across the recipe on Facebook awhile ago  so I'm not sure where it originated. I did change it up a little & it's one of my favorites!
The basic card is 6X6 SU Whisper White Card Stock & Peeblesink BBQ Utensils card stock cut 5 3/4 X 5 3/4. The recipe was printed on white CC & matted with SU Brown Sugar. Wraphia ribbon was wrapped around the red card stock before adhering it to the white card stock.



How cute is Mother Hen from Stamps by Judith & Heather (available at The Craft Shack in-store only)?  She's stamped on SU Whisper White in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink then colored with Copics R35, R37, YR01, YR04, E31. Although it looks like I shaded it with gray, I didn't, must be the lighting.   It was die cut with MFT Die-namics Wonky Stitched Oval Stax die.  I just love the stitching on this die!!  I stamped a second image then cut out the wings & popped them up with dimensionals. She's holding her fork which is a brad from Eyelet Outlet.  To place the brad, I alway mark where I want the hole with a pencil then I used a very small hand punch to punch it.  Once everything was in place I popped it up over the ribbon with dimensionals. 

TFL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment