Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Victorian Garden ATC

I've probably said it before but ATCs are one of my favorites.  I know people have asked what do you do with them & I have to say I just collect them.  I have a binder with sleeves that I put them in by swaps.  Occasionally I pull the binder out & look at all the amazing works of art.  This one was for a swap at a stamping event & was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest, which was designed by Gabrielle Pollacco.  I love the colors & the vintage look.

There are several layers on this ATC so I had to be careful & leave a very small reveal between them. Because of this the SU Perfect Plum Cardstock base, which is 3 1/2 X 2 1/2,, is difficult to see & it's such a pretty color.

The next layer is a beautiful Victorian looking DSP in a collection by Maja Design called "Let's Have Coffee" & is cut just 1/8:"smaller than the base.  The stitching around the edges are from the Bo Bunny Stitches Set &  inked with Tim Holtz Distressed Frayed Burlap.  I  used a Tim Holtz Paper Distresser on the edges & sponged them with Frayed Burlap then adhered it to the base.

On the last layer, I die cut a small oval using the Spellbinders Ovals Die Set so the paper would show from the 2nd layer.  It was also stamped with stitching, distressed & inked around the edges.  Before attaching to the other layers, I used Glossy Accents to place a small piece of gauze on the back then popped the layer up with thin foam squares.

The final step was the embellishments.  The Memory Box fence was trimmed before adhering using a Tombow Glue Pen.  Next I added a little strip of DSP which is the reverse of the Maja Design  "Let's Have Coffee" stamped with stitching & over top of that is a metal embellishments attached using micro glue dots.  The Cheery Lynn Flourish was die cut from SU Old Olive then cut in half & used on each side.  I attached 2 Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms which were pressed down & a sprig of pearls is tucked behind the flourish.

It ended up being a little...well a lot bulky but I have to say I was very pleased with it!!

TFL!!













No comments:

Post a Comment