The stamp set that was used, "Close as a Memory" from Stampin Up! is retired & fortunately I had it. There are a lot of layers on this card & I had to figure out the sizes so I thought I'd include them. This also features 2nd generation stamping which is inking the image, stamping & without re-inking stamp again.
- Base card (SU Elegant Eggplant) - 5 1/2" X 8 1/2, scored & folded at 4 1/4"
- Middle mat (SU Whisper White) - 5 3/8" X 4 1/8
- Top mat (SU Elegant Eggplant) - 5 1/4" X 4"
- Bottom mat (SU Whisper White)-1 3/8" square
- Middle mat (SU Elegant Eggplant)-1 1/4" square
- Top mat (SU Whisper White )-2 1/4" square
I inked the flower stamp with Elegant Eggplant & Alway Artichoke markers. Then using a stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the image on the 2 1/4" top mat with the point at the top.
Card front (large square):
- Bottom mat (SU Whisper White) - 2 1/4" square
- Middle mat (SU Elegant Eggplant) - 2 1/8" square
- Top mat (SU Whisper White ) - 2" square
After stamping the 2 1/4" mat & without re-inking, I stamped the flowers on the 2" mat using the stamp-a-ma-jig with the point at the top. Using Versa-fine black ink & the stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the sentiment over the flowers. The 3 layers are put together with liquid glue.
The 2 1/4" flower is cut into four 1 1/8" squares & I discarded the lower left square. The 3 layers are then put together.
To assemble the card front, I laid the squares on the 5 1/4" X 4" Elegant Eggplant panel. The outside points touch the edge of the base panel & I left a small reveal between all the squares. Ones I had them in place, I picked them up individually, applied glue & then put the square back in place. Add this layer to the middle mat & then add to the card base.
I put a 5 1/4" X 4" Whisper White panel inside the card & stamped a sentiment from this set too.
Hope you try making this card, it really is easy & beautiful. TLF!