Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Soup's On! Recipe Card

It's time for my March Recipe card for The Craft Shack's Recipe Card Club. I'm not sure who to give credit to for the recipe but I saw this anniversary card by MattsGirl on Splitcoaststampers & was inspired to incorporate it into my recipe card. I'm also using this recipe card for a swap at a shoebox event I'm attending the beginning of April. 

First I have to tell you about my new best friend, Tombow liquid glue!  I know, I know you've probably been using it for along time but I was stuck on using the Tombow mono tape runners but I'm tired of 1 or more corners of my layers not staying down no matter how close I get with the tape runners.  I've used the liquid glue before but just didn't like it.  I recently used it on all my recent projects & have seen the light!  Well onto the recipe card!

The card is pretty basic:
  • Bottom mat  - 6"X6"
  • Top mat - 5 3/4" X 5 3/4"
  • DSP - 5 3/4" X 3"
  • Scalloped border - 5 3/4" X 1.4"
  • Recipe size will vary depending on font size (I used smallest except for title), trimmed close
  • Recipe mat is 1/4" larger than recipe.
The peppers are stamped in Memento ink then colored with Copic markers (G94, G99, R24, R27, R29, Y32, Y35, Y38).  I added a little highlights using  a white gel pen then fussy cut them out. The green pepper on the left is popped up.  The cutting board is textured CS, stamped, fuzzy cut then popped up. The sentiment is stamped in chocolate chip.  All edges are sponged in Crumb Cake except the bottom mat & the peppers.

TFL!


Supplies: Cardstock-SU Garden Green, Crumb Cake (smooth & textured), Ivory, Early Expresso, Whisper White; DSP-DCWV Indian Summer; Stamps-CookBookin' Eat Your Veggies & Tasty Phrases; Ink-SU Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip & Memento Tuxedo Black; Markers-Copics; Punches-SU Scalloped Border & Fiskars Notebook Border Punch, EK Corner, Hole Punch; Misc-Twine Thread, Dimensionals, White Signo Uni-ball Gel PenTombow Liquid Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment